Senior Software Engineer (Mobile)
|Location:||Ypres, West Flanders|
|Reference Number:||WABCO EMEA000106|
WABCO (NYSE: WBC) is the No.1 global supplier of technologies and services that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles. From concepts to finished products and beyond, we have been developing innovative systems to make vehicles safer and easier to control since 1869. Today, with an unbeatable list of industry firsts behind us, WABCO continues to pioneer breakthrough innovations for advanced driver assistance, braking, stability control, suspension, transmission automation and aerodynamics for the world's commercial truck, bus, trailer, car and off-highway manufacturers.
Our success led to sales of $3.8 billion in 2018. With 16,000 employees – including 2,000 engineers – in 40 countries, WABCO has evolved a uniquely innovative and diverse culture. By leveraging local talent and knowledge and by creating a global environment of collaboration, we meet customer needs worldwide. For more information, visit www.wabco-auto.com
Transics International BVBA, a WABCO company and part of WABCO Fleet Solutions, was established in 1991 and develops and commercializes fleet management solutions for the transport and logistics sector. Transics is a global full solution provider of truck, driver, trailer, cargo and subcontractor management. Our solutions are the result of many years of experience, thorough R&D efforts and an intensive focus on the customer experience. Transics, headquartered in Ypres (Belgium), has become a European leader in its sector and is active worldwide. For more information, visit www.transics.comThe Role
In order to strengthen the software engineering team in Ypres, we are looking for a
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you work in a scrum context on innovative projects and focus on the mobile applications. You develop, program, test and maintain applications that fit the customer’s requirements.Key Accountabilities
- Translate functional analyses to detailed technical analyses to ensure that the requirements are known, the technical feasibility is assessed, and the smooth programming of applications is possible.
- Develop and improve the applications while complying with the functional analyses and ensuring that all customer requests are met.
- Test the developed applications, identify issues and correct any software errors to ensure that the applications meet the set quality standards and errorless operation now and in the future.
- Take responsibility for the daily organization of the activities allocated to you and ensure you can oversee compliance with the planning and quality of the work.
- Draw up documentation regarding the developments and improvements to ensure a good basis for implementing modifications to applications in the future.
- Maintain the delivered applications, investigate and fix reported bugs to ensure quality and safeguard the uninterrupted operation.
- Work closely with the Customer Service, Product Management and other R&D departments.
- Update and maintain professional knowledge and technical skills in the area of programming and apply it within the organization in the best possible manner.
- Master’s degree (Electronics or Industrial Engineer) with a good knowledge of informatics (Computer Sciences, ICT, Electronics …) or equal by experience and knowledge.
- Minimally 5 years of professional experience in analyzing and developing.
- You have expertise in mobile operating systems: Android, Windows CE, Linux and iOS.
- You are able to design, optimize and integrate business processes across the system and mobile platforms.
- You understand Web services and message broker technology.
- You have a DevOps mindset, but also a multicultural / global mindset.
- Experience in test-driven development is an asset.
- You have an aptitude for both abstract, conceptual work and practical development.
- You are a team player and a good communicator.
- You have affinity with new technologies.
You will work in an open and transparent corporate culture where leadership, relations and respect are important values. Our employees are passionate about their job and are all convinced that team spirit is at the heart of our success.
In this stimulating, fast-growing and challenging environment, performances are compensated for in a competitive way.