|Location:||Ypres, West Flanders|
|Reference Number:||WABCO EMEA000112|
WABCO (NYSE: WBC) is the No.1 global supplier of technologies and services that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles. From concepts to finished products and beyond, we have been developing innovative systems to make vehicles safer and easier to control since 1869. Today, with an unbeatable list of industry firsts behind us, WABCO continues to pioneer breakthrough innovations for advanced driver assistance, braking, stability control, suspension, transmission automation and aerodynamics for the world's commercial truck, bus, trailer, car and off-highway manufacturers.
WABCO reported sales of $3.8 billion in 2018. Headquartered in Bern, Switzerland, WABCO has 16,000 employees in 40 countries. For more information visit www.wabco-auto.com
Transics International BVBA, a WABCO company and part of WABCO Fleet Solutions, was established in 1991; headquartered in Ypres (Belgium) and develops and commercializes fleet management solutions for the transport and logistics sector.
With approximately 1,800 customers in 23 countries and over 135,000 connected vehicles Transics has become a European leader in its sector and is active worldwide. For more information, visit www.transics.com
In order to strengthen DevOps team in Ypres (Belgium) we are looking for a
What we offer our customers
Our offering consists of fleet management systems (FMS) and services for the management of trucks, drivers, trailers and cargo. This fleet management solution consists of hardware and various software applications (mobile apps, back-end and hosted solutions). Recently we chose the path of full digitization by offering additional (digital) services, such as Big Data and IoT services. As the European market leader, we constantly innovate to provide the state-of-the-art solutions to our customers.
What is your role?
As DevOps engineer, you focus on testing and the development and performing of tests on newly developed or updated applications & solutions in order to ensure a correct functioning and overall quality of our FMS products. You develop software to integrate in internal testing systems.
- You are part of an R&D scrum team. Your tasks will mainly consist of performing thorough tests and occasional development on the FMS applications. In the R&D environment, you are part of one of the software scrum teams and perform tests on new functionalities in different domains: on-board computers, server applications, desktop software, mobile applications with the focus on back-end technologies, including databases and Web Services layers. In this way, you get to know the entire solution and build up a broad technological expertise.
- You support other departments (service department, cloud team) as a contact person together with your colleagues from the scrum team.
What we expect from you
- Min 2 years of experience in DevOps, QA, Test Automation
- Very good knowledge of English
- Bachelor in IT science
- The technologies mainly focus on Microsoft and AWS technologies: SQL server, Mongo, C#, WCF, AWS. For testing, this includes SoapUI, Squish and in-house development tools.
- You are a good communicator who enjoys working with various teams both locally and remotely.
- We are looking for a versatile colleague with a broad IT background and a sound understanding of IT infrastructure, server technology and/or application software.
- You are passionate about IT and quality and rely on a strong analytical mind. You will assist in watching over the quality of the solution.
- You are precise and always aim at delivering high-quality work. You focus on quality and enjoy working in a close team with application developers and fellow software testers. You enjoy working in an informal scrum environment.
- You are motivated to learn new technologies
What we offer
You will work in an open and transparent corporate culture where leadership, relations and respect are important values. Our employees are passionate about their job and are all convinced that team spirit is at the heart of our success. In this stimulating, fast-growing and challenging environment, performances are compensated for in a competitive way.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position please apply and send your resume in English.